Friday, April 12, 2013

Bath Time

Jude loves bath time, especially now that he can sit up and play during them. We do a routine every night- dinner, bath, lotion, jammies, milk, prayer and into the crib. He usually will flip over in his crib onto his tummy and fall asleep within a few minutes. I can't even express how much this night time routine has changed our lives! He's asleep by 7:30 and we have the rest of the night to enjoy baby-free. Not that there aren't some nights where I put him down and miss him a little, but most nights I'm excited knowing I'll get a little free time to just be quiet and alone, or alone with David to watch movies and be just a couple again. He THRIVES off of this schedule and if we stray from it, he rubs his eyes and wonders why he's not in bed :) Jude is such a happy baby and I love being a mom and getting to take care of him. I never thought I'd love it THIS much. Being parents is even better than we imagined! I also love that next time will hopefully be even better since we have figured out what works for us with teaching a baby to sleep, first feedings, diapers, baby-gear and most other baby related things. I just need to document it all so I don't forget...





1 comment:

  1. I agree with the schedule stuff! Some people told me I didn't need to bathe Jack every night and I know that's true because he wasn't getting THAT dirty but I'd always say it's just part of his routine and it helps him sleep so much better! It's time like this where you almost forget all those sleepless nights because life feels somewhat "normal" again! :) Here's to hoping it all stays that way for a while! I'm getting nervous again because I need to transition Jack to a twin bed sometime and I'm hoping it doesn't throw us all for a loop TOO much...

    ReplyDelete