Friday, August 26, 2011

Am I a Runner?

Probably not. Running 2-3 times a week isn't really that legit, but I'm working my way up to it. I have hated running my entire life! I was the girl who barely passed PE. I don't like jogging around, getting sweaty, or ANY sports. The most I've ever run without stopping was 8th grade when we had to do the mile once a week and one time I did the entire thing in a slow jog. Since then I still haven't worked my way back. But I'm trying! My sister has been encouraging me to go running with her since I moved home. She just moved up to school last week, and I've surprised myself by still going, just alone. I can feel myself getting better and better and it getting easier and easier. I know everyone has told me that it gets easier, but for some reason I've never believed them.

                                                                     Source: egotastic.com via Crazybeautifulmakeup on Pinterest



I want to run to get in good shape, to be healthy and happy, but also to accomplish something. I know I can keep it up and I look forward to accomplishing some goals with it. If anyone has any tips or stories of how they got to a point where they loved it, I'd love to hear them! (And yes, that is Kourtney Kardashian up there. I think she's cute).

2 comments:

  1. So encouraging! I'm in the same shoes as you on exercising. I've really like the Couch to 5K podcasts! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna say YES you're a runner. i want to be one too. i can feel it happening any day now ;) good for you!! i'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete